Endo Essentials at Home Module 2 (Includes Module 1 Access and Prep)
Everything you need to know about endo from the comfort of your own home
PLEASE NOTE: THIS MODULE INCLUDES ALL CONTENT FROM THE ADVANCED GP ACCESS AND PREPARATION LEVEL 1.
Earn 18 Hours of Dental Board of Australia Valid CPD Points
DEVELOP A GREATER UNDERSTANDING OF COMMON ENDODONTIC CONCEPTS
You will feel more comfortable with diagnosis, planning and performing endodontic procedures. This knowledge and understanding will be reinforced through case-based exercises.
AT YOUR OWN PACE
This course allows you to learn when it suits you, without being limited by how quickly or slowly others are moving through tasks. You won't have to share equipment so you can get on with your own practice. And best of all, you can pause and replay both practical demonstrations and lecture content until you a have complete understanding of the science or technique being applied.
IN THIS TRAINING YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to properly determine whether a tooth will be difficult or straight forward to access.
- How to plan and complete access in a systematic manner that provides improved vision, better precision and conservation of tooth structure.
- How to prepare canals in a predictable yet more conservative manner while improving your ability to manage more extreme curvatures with increased safety.
- How best to obturate conservative preparations.
- Techniques and systems for diagnosis through improved understanding of biology and testing theory.
- How to appropriately treatment plan endodontic therapy and select cases for referral.
- How and when to use radiography and how to interpret the imaging.
- How to streamline your isolation and temporisation procedures to simplify endodontic procedures.
- The art and science of instrumentation.
- How to use irrigants and medicaments appropriately for improved cleanliness and pain management.
- The science and theory of obturation.
- How to use analgesics and local anaesthesia to optimise pain management.
- How to assess and manage cracks in teeth.
- You have a desire to provide improved levels of endodontic treatment to your patients through conservation of tooth structure.
- You are currently using legacy instruments that are less conservative and flexible than newer instruments (for example Protaper Next, Mtwo, Wave One Gold).
- You have some experience in endodontic treatment but seek greater confidence in approaching treatment.
- You're looking for step by step training and willing to dedicate time to developing improved skills.
- You wish to improve your understanding of important aspects of endodontic therapy.
- Metabiomed Aurum Blue advanced heat-treated rotary files
- Matched gutta percha
- Three anatomic training teeth
- Endodontic ruler and sponge
- Endodontic lubricant
- Size 8, 10 and 15 K files
- Irrigation syringe and needle
- Extracted teeth:
- maxillary molar
- maxillary premolar
- mandibular molar
- mandibular premolar
- Rotary endodontic handpiece
- Endodontic sealer
- A heat source for obturation
YOU'LL HAVE OUR FULL SUPPORT
We offer around the clock support via our Endospot Skills School private facebook group. This group is full of tips and support and is only available to skills school members and past course attendees.
THIS COURSE IS A GOOD FIT IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLY:
Enrolment includes an Endospot training kit valued at $200:
What you'll need to provide:
The small print: Dr Caldwell is a director of E3Endo, a company run by endodontists with products curated specifically for their quality and utility. E3Endo are proud sponsors of this course and while their files are used throughout the modules, the principles taught can be applied to any conservative file system.
StartUnderstanding Pre-Test Probability & Bayes Theorem (13:13)
StartTaking a Pain History - the Key to Endodontic Diagnosis (8:33)
StartPulpal and Periapical Diagnoses (13:39)
StartEndodontic and Periodontic Diagnosis Differentiation (15:19)
StartDiagnosis of Vertical Root Fracture (7:14)
StartBasics of Non-Odontogenic Pain (15:41)
StartCase Based Diagnosis Review (25:30)
StartDiagnostic Testing (27:07)
StartBonus Content - The Effect of Prevalence on Test Performance (18:34)
Dr Pat Caldwell is a registered specialist endodontist in private practice on the Sunshine Coast
Dr Oliver Pope is a registered specialist endodontist in private practice in Melbourne
Both have a keen interest in conservative endodontics and have been involved in teaching this concept for over 10 years.